Writing about style, design and all things that catch my eye!

Perfectly imperfect and casually luxe; these are a few of my favorite things.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Modern furnishings from a different era.

The word vintage is one that I am so fond of using. With my love of all things refurbished, repurposed, and reworked, one of a kind styles are easily made. Seattle is a little treasure trove of shops that have done the sourcing work for you. Displayed in the most stylish of arrangements, Susan Wheeler Home in Georgetown is a place that I could spend hours in lingering over hidden treasures nestled tight in cases made to delight. Before she opened her own shop, she had a space in Pacific Galleries. It was a tiny, tiny area stacked high with her findings from around the world. On one project, she had to come all the way up from Olympia to lift layers of objects off of the prized brahma bull rug that is now displayed in a client's (and best friend's) stunning living room. Paired with both modern art and sculptures from Zimbabwe, it looks incredibly chic and bold.

Similar, yet with their own vibe, there's a new shop behind University Village: Gracious House to Home. Not only are the owners Tracy Reimers and Deidre Denckla finding and reupholstering fantastic pieces, they are also bringing in new jewelry by several local artists, one of which is my dear friend Jules whom I first met at a trunk show where she was hosting a night of wine and shopping. I return to her jewelry again and again. Make a visit to peek throughout Gracious h2h as they also have pairings of table settings, glassware, and home decor. Their prices alone are worth a visit since even if you don't believe you need anything, I guarantee that you will find something. If not, I will spot an irresistible item for you; and if requested, I'll even show you where you should place it!  Enjoy.




Antlers have never looked better.
Pairing two vintage necklaces. Swoon!Susan Wheeler Home


 Susan Wheeler Home


Gracious House to Home
Toast with a festive glass. 
What a beauty! The coolest fabric choice was made here. 
Gracious House to Home

2 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! Your eye for style can't be beat! what others might not even see, you spot in an instant and know exactly how to use it to it's very best advantage. I am in awe of your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so great to hear! I certainly do love to hunt around finding the best items for each project. There's that "aha" moment when I know something is perfect. I truly enjoyed working on your major remodel and picking out so many amazing finds.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...