Writing about style, design and all things that catch my eye!

Perfectly imperfect and casually luxe; these are a few of my favorite things.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Iris Apfel

Rare Bird of Fashion: The Irreverent Iris Apfel

 "I just mix and put things together the way the spirit moves me"

I could quote Iris from this video all day long. Watch it and learn how even in her '90's, she's anything but "run of the mill". A natural at mixing interior design with fashion, she's one to emulate if only in the sense of trying not to give a care about what others think-- but rather, to go out and chose things you love; things that make you happy. I'd say she's absolutely right about letting accessories do the work if you first learn to pick clothes that are classically designed, with an excellent fit. Mix them all up and you've got dozens of new outfits. By filling your closet (and home) in this manner, you make your mark. With her natural flair, Iris Apfel has created a charming life. How can you not smile at her giant glasses and weighty necklaces?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...